Do you want to start a farm to table eating lifestyle?
Groundwork Lawrence has a WONDERFUL program that does just that called Community Supported Agriculture (CSA).
It is a way for people to create a relationship with a farm and to receive a weekly basket of produce. Individuals or families become “members” (or “shareholders” or “subscribers”) of the CSA by making a financial commitment to the farm, typically at the beginning of the season. Members invest in the farm, and in return they receive a weekly “share” of fruits and vegetables throughout the growing season, establishing a direct connection to their food and those who grow it.
- Eating locally—creating a direct connection to the source of your food and the farmer and increasing your knowledge about what can be grown here and when
- Access to high quality, fresh, locally-grown produce that tastes better!
- Better nutrition and health
- The chance to discover new vegetables, to share recipes, and to expand your knowledge of storing and preserving produce
- Decrease environmental impacts associated with growing and shipping produce
- Getting to meet new people and visit with old friends at the pickup site
- Save money!
Information found at: http://www.groundworklawrence.org/csa#what